Community Support Needed to Enclose Cass Park Arena
1972 through 2017: 45 years of fun, fitness, friendships
Imagine the iconic character and traditional charm of our Cass Park Arena with the many advantages of a beautiful functional enclosure.
- Cass Park Arena was built when open air style was more typical, but there’s been an evolution and it is now the only one remaining in upstate New York.
- Cass Park Arena is a four-season community resource that needs upgrades to be sustainable and successful.
- Examples of what the enclosure will provide include dehumidified “conditioned” air, ventilation, insulation, adaptations for climate change, longer season for ice surface, and improved conditions for spectators and skaters.
- After the enclosure is built, there is vision for an addition to the lobby and locker rooms.
The City of Ithaca funded the major ceiling and roof renovation in 2016. It was essential work to make the building safe, and is the first step in enclosing the arena. Construction of the full enclosure could begin in 2018 depending on the level of community support shown. The goal is to raise $1 million.
It’s time for community at large to be supportive of the capital improvements needed for this facility so access can continue for future generations and for today’s users.
- Gifts of all sizes will be appreciated to the Cass Park Arena Enclosure Campaign which is a project of the Friends of the Ithaca Youth Bureau, an independent nonprofit 501c3 corporation. Gifts are tax deductible.
- Pledges of gifts to be paid over three years are also welcomed. Let us know if you'd like the pledge form or if you would like to discuss naming opportunities.
For more information, please contact:
Like Cass Park Campaign on Facebook & follow @CampaignforCass on Twitter to keep in touch with the project and the fund drive!